The Meropion Philanthropic Foundation was founded in 1914 by Anna Theodoropoulou and a group of well known Athenian ladies, in memory of her late daughter Meropi who died at the age of 11. The purpose of the Foundation was the education of unprivileged girls.
The Meropion constitutes of an institution for 95 years of social contribution to the needy. During the country’s difficult times it was present, offering shelter to refugees, helping soldiers’ families during and after the Second World War, and supplying children with food and clothes. It was also a school for poor and illiterate children and women. For these activities Meropion has been honored with the Athens Academy Award and two gold medals from the Municipality of Athens.
In order to download our brochure press the image.